Posts for: February, 2020
How your gastroenterologists in Houston, TX, can help with hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids can be both uncomfortable, embarrassing, and be quite tough to talk about. Here at Houston Digestive Diseases Consultants, your GI specialists understand this and want to help. They have several convenient office locations across Houston, TX to help you find relief from hemorrhoid pain.
First, a few basic facts about hemorrhoids:
- They are caused by increased pressure to the veins lying just underneath the lining of the rectum and anus.
- The increased pressure can be caused by pregnancy, being obese, or straining during a bowel movement.
- Symptoms of hemorrhoids include rectal pain, bleeding, and itching. Sometimes hemorrhoids can protrude through the anal canal, a condition known as prolapse.
- There are two types of hemorrhoids: internal hemorrhoids, which occur in the lower rectum, and external hemorrhoids which develop around the anus.
- Hemorrhoids are a common problem, because about half the population will suffer from them by the time they turn 50.
Fortunately, hemorrhoids can be effectively treated. The GI specialists at Houston Digestive Diseases Consultants offer the revolutionary CRH O’Regan System to get rid of hemorrhoids permanently.
The system uses a procedure called hemorrhoid banding. Suction is used to place a band on the base of the hemorrhoid. Blood supply is cut off and the hemorrhoid begins to shrink. The hemorrhoid will eventually fall off in a few days.
There are many benefits to this type of hemorrhoid procedure. Consider that the CRH O’Regan System:
- Is painless
- Takes just minutes
- Requires no prep or sedation
- Has no downtime
To view an informative video about the CRH O'Regan System, please visit the Hemorrhoid Treatment section on the website at http://www.houstontxgi.com/hemorrhoids.html
You don’t have to suffer from hemorrhoid pain and embarrassment. Your GI specialist can help you get rid of hemorrhoids for good. To learn more, call the GI specialists at Houston Digestive Diseases Consultants in Houston, TX, today by dialing 713-777-2555.